Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 - Goals for Quality

For 2011 my goals for quality include learning to listen more closely to my customers, coach my team more effectively and motivate my colleagues to make improvement. I think that working in quality I have the best chance to directly influence the direction of my company toward improvement. Not only improvement to meet the targets and objectives of the business but also improvement to change the mindset of the personnel. Listening, coaching and motivation are the methods that any manager can use to manage his/her team and company. But by working in quality we have a unique opportunity to do so much more with those methods. Let's do just that this year.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting thoughts. If these are your quality objectives for 2011, how are you preparing yourself to be an effective coach, listener, and motivator? Without that you will be repeating what you always did. Work harder, and still fall short. So the key is to prepare first (Plan), before executing (Do). Which brings Einstein's point home; 'The significant problems we face today can not be solved at the same level of thinking that created them.'

    ReplyDelete